Working with Feisty Docushare Printers
The Xerox Docushare printers sometimes need massaging to work.
- Two-sided printing with 3-hole paper
- When printing two-sided documents on hole-punched paper, the paper has to be in the tray backwards, i.e. with the holes on the wrong side. This is a pretty bad design flaw, I'd say.
- Setting up a new docushare under Mac OS X
- Assuming that you know where the print center is...
- Get the ip address of the printer. This can be found by using the Configuration Report.
- Inside of the Print Center
- Use IP Printing, entering
- Set up the printer use lpd/lpr printing
- If the ip address of the printer is aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd then the print queue should be given as lp_aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd.
- If the printer utility claims that the printer is printing, but the printer itself is sitting there like a stone and the print job is nowhere in the queue, be sure that the printer-installable options match those which are actually on the machine. Here in the SPHIS, all of the options should be checked except for 'envelope tray' and 'Mailbox".